Wednesday, December 29, 2010

March of the Penguins

I wanted to make a fun wintery appetizer for my family's holiday festivities. I had found a picture of these online, but I cant seem to find the original source. Check out these fun penguins!
Are they adorable or what?
They take a little time to make, but I think its totally worth the effort.
Ingredients:
1 can large or jumbo whole pitted black olives
1 can small whole pitted black olives
Carrots
Cream Cheese, softened
Toothpicks

Directions:
1. Peel and slice carrots into about 1/4 inch thick slices
2. Cut a small "pie slice" from the carrot slices, reserve all pieces
3. Take the large olives and cut a slit in them.
4. Using a pastry bag, pipe cream cheese into olives. This is what creates the white belly. I used a #12 tip.
5. Take a small olive, at the X in the bottom, put the "pie slice" of carrot in, creating a beak.
6. Stack small olive on top of large olive, and then on top of carrot slice that is missing the "pie piece".
7. Push toothpick through to secure. Admire the cuteness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails