Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Day!

I am back from my Thanksgiving holiday. I took a few days off from work so I could relax and unwind. I treated myself to a spa day at the Aveda Institute, and headed to Wisconsin to visit family and friends. I thought I would share some of the more creative and fun stuff from my family's Thanksgiving dinner.
My sister hosted her first dinner this year. We cooked the meal together. Here is our table setting!
We chose metallic accents and a modern printed fabric for the table runner.

I used scraps from the fabric to create a bunting centerpiece. It says Give Thanks on both sides of the pennants.
We also created mini bunting for the names at each place setting.

This was my favorite project though. I went to the Dollar Store and bought 3 silver trays. I spray painted them copper, and then used chalkboard paint in the center. I actually intend to put these on the wall in my dining room.
In addition to great food, family and friends, I decided to make a drastic change for myself. I've been thinking about donating my hair to Locks of Love. I don't really like having short hair, but I had enough length that its not too short.
Here is my new do! You need to donate a minimum of 10 inches, tied in a pony tail. I sent it in this week. My hair, I'm still getting used to it. But mine will grow back. I feel good knowing that my hair will help a child with cancer look and feel better about themselves. Me waiting for my hair to grow back is a small price to pay.
I hope everyone had a great holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Your hair is beautiful Jess, what a sweet thing to do and the Thanksgiving setting is wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute ideas! And I LOVE LOVE the hair!!!

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails