Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Heaven In A Jar

Yesterday, I posted about apple butter. Today....pumpkin butter. I first learned about pumpkin butter on a trip to Arizona. We stopped at this adorable roadside market on our way to the Grand Canyon. This market had tons of butters, salsas, jams and jellies. I could have bought one of everything. The lovely ladies working there gave me some samples to narrow my choices. That is when I met pumpkin butter....heaven in a jar. I tried to make my purchased jar last as long as I could, but who are we kidding?
Recently, I stumbled across a recipe on another fantastic blog, Homemade By Jen. Jen posted a recipe for making pumpkin butter. I could have hugged her I was so excited! You can see her post here. To show you just how easy this heaven in a jar is, here is my own tutorial....

Ingredients needed:
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup apple juice (I used apple cider....its what I had in the house)
1 cup apple sauce (I used cinnamon applesauce...again, what I had in the house)
1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup brown sugar


Mix ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.

Viola! Pour your butter into jars, and you are done! Make sure to store this in the fridge, unless of course you actually can them (which I did not do).
Thanks Jen for the recipe!

Pumpkin Butter
Ingredients needed:
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup apple juice
1 cup apple sauce
1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.
Pour into jars, store in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails