Monday, September 6, 2010

Penkwitz Wedding

On September 4th I delivered my very first wedding cake!! The cake was for a family friend, Brett Penkwitz and his now wife, Nikki. The couple was so great to work either. They had a clear vision of what they wanted, but also gave me some creative freedom. I was able to collaborate their ideas and mine into this.....

I loved doing the quilting. A simple technique with such a huge impact!
The flowers were also really fun to make.
The flowers were a spin on some poppies I had seen on another cake.
Beautiful aren't they?



Here is the groom with his cake.

This photo didn't come out the best, but here I am with the happy couple. Thank you so much for letting me contribute to your wedding day! I'm so happy for you both! Congrats!!

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty cake! The flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your first! The quilting and the flowers are fantastic!

    hugs! Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!! This baby was a lot of work, but so worth the end result.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails