Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mini Banana Creams

Yesterday I posted about my WW Banana Cream Pie experience. While delicious, it still left me craving a really creamy pie. I decided to use what I had in the house to satisfy this craving. What I ended up with was some delicious "mini" banana cream pies!

First, I started with pre-made refrigerated pie crusts.

Unroll crust, and using a rolling pin roll out slightly further. Cut circles with a cookie cutter.


Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and place circles in each well, pushing gently up the sides and down the bottom.
Tip: Make sure to prick the unbaked crust with a fork, or you end up with what I did.....

Bake the crusts according to package directions. However, if you are like me and forgot to prick the crusts, your pies will be pretty puffy and unable to fill. So instead, I popped them into foil cupcake liners!

Slice up your bananas and fill the pies.

I went the easy route and used some instant banana cream pudding. Mix it up according to box directions and pour into your tins. Chill in refrigerator until set.

Top with a banana slice (dip slice in lemon juice to avoid discoloration!) and whipped cream.

Now these tasted like real banana cream pies!

Since they are mini pies, I decided they could count as diet food. What? I can tell myself that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails