Friday, May 7, 2010

Envoking My Inner Pioneer Woman

I know that I normally just blog about baking, but a girl can't live off of just sugar, spice and everything nice. Cupcakes and Cookies might make the world go round, but they will also make your waist go round if thats all you eat!
I'm sure many of you been to the Pioneer Woman's website. She has some amazing recipes and many of them are quite easy to master. I decided to try my hand at Spinach Tomato Blue Cheese Pasta.

Doesn't it look delicious?

I give this recipe a full five spoons. Yummy Yum Yum!

Unfortunately, I was busy preparing this for a friend coming to dinner, so I didnt take photos of my preparation. However, you can find the original recipe here. I'll also share it below:
Ingredients
  • 1-½ pound Pasta (angel Hair Or Thin Spaghetti)
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 1 whole 28-ounce Can Diced Tomatoes, Drained
  • Dash Of Sugar
  • Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
  • Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, To Taste
  • ¾ cups Crumbled Blue Cheese
  • ¾ cups Heavy Cream
  • 4 cups Baby Spinach
  • Half And Half, For Thinning
  • Extra Blue Cheese Crumbles, For Garnish
Preparation Instructions

Cook pasta according to package instructions.

In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. When hot, add minced garlic and cook for a minute. Pour in drained tomatoes. Add sugar, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Reduce heat to low. Stir in crumbled blue cheese. Add cream and stir, then a little splash of half-and-half if sauce is too thick. Cook for a minute or two, tasting and adding more seasonings as needed.

At the very, very, very last minute. toss in spinach. Immediately toss in the cooked and drained pasta. Serve immediately!

Go ahead, try it out. Its easy, delicious, and garlic toast compliments it perfectly! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails